Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY Music Note Banner

Lately I've been all about crafting. I just love the idea of giving someone a hand made gift. Don't get me wrong, I can be the first person to say that hand made gifts take time. Lots of time. That's time we don't always have. But I've been trying to pace myself and be more of a planner than a last-minute crazy woman. I'm actually thinking about Christmas gifts. Seriously. If you want to give something that someone will truly treasure, time is love, and the time to start is now.

This week we surprised one of my best friends for her birthday. She loves the piano and music notes so I decided to add a music flare into the banner.




Supplies

  • Burlap flags cut to size
  • Burlap rope
  • Wooden letters needed to spell the persons name
  • Music note scrapbooking paper
  • Ribbon {I used teal since that's her favorite color and needed 6" per bow}
  • Hot glue gun
  • Elmer's Glue


I traced the wooden letters onto the sheet music and cut them out. Using Elmer's glue, I lightly glued them onto the face of the wooden letters.

Then with the hot glue gun, glued the wooden letters to the pre-cut burlap flag shapes. Using the rope, hot glued the top of each burlap flag by slightly folding the top over the rope to secure. Then I ended by tying a small petite bow between each letter. Viola. A super cute customized gift that will hold a special memory in her heart for years to come.



We love you Melisah! 


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. That's really pretty, what a lovely gift. I am all about bunting, need to make some myself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a smart idea to use the wooden letters! I love the 3D look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sheet music detail - Super Cute! I'm loving your blog - visiting from Thee Networking Blog Hop. I'm now a follower & looking forward to more great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just could not depart your website before suggesting that
    I actually loved the standard information a person supply to your guests?
    Is going to be back continuously in order to check up
    on new posts

    Also visit my blog; cash and check

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...