Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Who's Laura?



Hello friends & Happy August!

I love this time of year. Leaves are starting to change, fall decorations start to emerge, 
school is about to begin, and Starbucks will soon be serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes. 

Lately I've been blessed with the opportunity to meet and mingle with many new bloggers. I realized it has been a very long time since I did a post about myself. I know I'm occasionally posting things here and there, but if you are new, welcome. I want you to know the real me. The real person behind the screen. The person with feelings, fears, and who loves to smile. Laughing is the best medicine, right?

My name is Laura. When I'm not writing my blog, working full time, being mom and 
wife, I'm a lifestyle photographer found here Laura Hernandez Photography.

A few things you would want to know about me if we were friends is that...

- My favorite candy is blank licorice.
- I can't wink.
- I love the colors yellow and grey. Kinda obsessed. 
- My weakness is anything Oreo.
- The only thing I ever order from Starbucks is a tall skinny peppermint mocha.
- I've given birth twice, both labors under an hour long.
- My husband and I rode down the isle of our wedding on a tandem bicycle.
- I'm a horrible speller. {thank goodness for spell check}
- I want to learn to play the piano.
- I have 3 tattoos and I'm working on my 4th.
- I live to one day hear the words of Matthew 25:21 "Well done, good and faithful servant!"


Do you remember what you did on January 1st of this year?
Some of you may, some may not. This is the date my little blog was born.
It took me long enough to just choose the name. A lot of prayer went into this one.
A lot has changed since then. I know its only been half a year but I've grown as a blogger.
I have also seen a lot of changes in the blog world, and not all of them I'm happy with.
I know I can't change others, and I'm not trying to if that's them.
For me, August is a fresh start. Seriously. 
Focusing on my writing again. Things on my heart I want to share and not being to timid to write them.
Major changes to my sponsorship opportunities starting September 1st.
And most important, leading by example.

What are you planning to do to improve the blogging community your part of?
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. So happy that I have found you! Your blog is such a little spot of sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely know like I know the real Laura, even before this post. Although the tandem bicycle was a new one for me. Can't wait to see more of "you" posts this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wink either! It's terrible and I always get made fun of ;) maybe that's why I love "winking" via text!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed that anybody likes black licorice, but you redeemed yourself with Oreos and peppermint mochas!
    Love the idea of the tandem bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wink either!! Glad to see some other people in the same boat :) :)

    On a more serious note, I've loved getting to know you through this blog world - your faith is inspiring. Can't wait to see what's next for you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently found your blog - very refreshing. I am pretty new to the writing part of blogging. I am looking forward to reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved this post! can't believe how much your blog has grown in such a short amount of time! can't wait to be working with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I already commented on twitter, but I was so inspired by this post. Thanks for writing from your heart :} I look forward to reading more of this fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, and fun facts!! Have a blessed day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new reader and live your blog! Can't wait to read more! Tall skinny peppermint mocha is my drink of choice as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...