Friday, August 10, 2012

Dress Like Your Mother? Lame.


Remember the fear of hearing when you grew up you would be like your mother? My mom and I never quite saw eye to eye. Fast forward 15 years, now I'm the mom taking my teenage daughter back to school shopping.  We are quite the opposite that my mom and I were. 

It wasn't always this way though. Last weekend I took my daughter shopping. I gave her  some space, letting her shop and choose the items she wanted. I smiled to myself as she choose some of the items I would have picked out for myself. I even held up a few items as a suggestion, and she liked them. WOW. Bonus points for mom. She insisted my fashion sense had changed, I disagreed that the  change was all her. Then I realized it was a little of both. I've slowly been breaking out of my "jeans and t-shirt" fashion rut and she is growing out of her pre-teen style. We seem to have found our happy medium. 

Wore: First Day of School


{Tee & Scarf - Wet Seal || Jeans - Old Navy || Jacket - Forever21 || Shoes - TOMS}

And yes I did her nails. =)

Lucky for me we wear the same size. Can you say double wardrobe? 
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Love her outfit and totally something I would wear :)

    I was just thinking you guys could totally share. My mom and I do, so fun! I don't remember the last time I actually bought something for myself lol! I shop my mom and sister's closet! #freeswagbaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit! LOVE her nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Ruby and I will be the same size someday.... At least shoe size! ;)
    She looks great! Very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! My mother and I have started dressing more and more alike...we wear the same size shoes so I can double my shoe wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! and she is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, you look totally cute! Have fun in school this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Good luck in school!

    Tess
    www.theframedlady.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is lucky! Twice the clothes would be awesome! ;) Love her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo! Cute! I'd wear that! Her nails look awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is exactly how my mom and I were! When I was about 15 or 16 we started have very similar styles. We would always share clothes. We wore them differently, she'd usually do more layers and I had more accessories but the clothes were the same and the shoes! Now that I am 22, we still share tons of our clothes, but mostly shoes! I love going to her house for Sunday dinners and swapping shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her toms and her nails!! So cute. :) what a fun shopping trip together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so cute!! Love the TOMS!! Have a great weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfit! You can't really go wrong with a scarf + TOMS. Love her nails as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good posting about Dress Like Your Mother? Lame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...