Friday, August 3, 2012

When God Calls

Hey Friends! Happy Friday!

Today if we were on a coffee date I would have my new favorite Starbucks drink in hand: Tall Skinny Peppermint Mocha. It's so amazing. I would open my heart and share my story about why these guys are so important in our lives....



I don't know about you, but I love Christian music. Air1 and KLOVE are the only stations that that play in our car. When I hear my kids singing lyrics of praise rather than the "other" types of music they could be signing, it melts my heart. In August I've set a new goal for myself, to "bring back my blog" to what I originally intended it to me. One of these things is helping out others so when this opportunity arose, I jumped in head first. 

The new and upcoming Christian band FORA, has an amazing heart for the Lord. They were blessed just a few short weeks ago with an amazing record contract so they can begin to record their first full length album to help spread the Word. They've come up against a few road blocks. One being a lot of venues don't want to let a "Christian" band play. I guess that shouldn't have shocked me, but it totally did. Even our local fair won't let them play because they specified themselves as a "Christian" band. 

The second being funds. Honestly it takes a over $1000 to make their new album but they've come up with a pretty awesome and unique way of making it easier. It's called Kickstart. Please take a moment and click HERE to check it out and watch a short 30 second video they created. How it works is they were given 30 days to raise $1000. It's all or nothing. They raise the $1000, they keep it all, they don't reach their $1000 goal, they get nothing. 

This is how YOU can help make a difference. Not only to help the band, but to all those who listen and are encouraged by their music. I'm only asking you to give up one cup of Starbucks, one fast food dinner, one gallon of gas. Pretty please. If you only knew how much this mean to my heart. Why this is so important to me, to us as a family? We weren't always a Christian family. Yes we believed in Jesus, but even Satin believes in Jesus. That didn't make us Christian. We weren't living by God's commandments, we didn't read the bible, and we didn't attend church. We went through a life change. Our kids were growing up quickly, and our hearts called us to church. For the first time in years, we walked into the chapel. You know who was on stage? You know who's music captured our hearts? Who's music we felt God speaking to us through? These guys. Their music changed our lives and we wouldn't be where were are today without them. That's why we are so passionate about this.

I'm asking for your help to promote this. To get everyone excited and talking about how living the Christian life and listing to music that strengthens your spirit, can really change the world, one person at a time. I'm asking you to watch the Kickstart video, really listen to their music HERE, check them out on Facebook and Twitter {shout outs would be phenomenal} and I would love it if you could write up a blog post with your support. But time is of the essence so I'm asking you to do this quickly.

The good news is we still have 7 days and we have only $665 to reach. The minimum to donate is only $1 and if you read the right sidebar on the Kickstart site you'll see tons of perks you get just by donating. You can win t-shirts, CD's, digital records before the CD actually releases, and much more. 

To my special blog friends, everyone who donates will receive an autographed poster {which will be worth bucks someday when they make it BIG}. Cool right!? Just comment below you donated!

Thank you friends. Hugs.

Linking up for our weekly Coffee Date with Rags to Stitches.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. My blog post is already to go tomorrow. Even though we're thousands of miles apart. FORA have brought me back to my roots too.
    PS: Donated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your story made me tear up...I am just starting my journey now after never wanting to listen or care about anything spiritual. I can relate. I help out :) I can't wait to hear them on the radio :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check them out. Thanks for sharing their story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story, Laura. I'm so glad you're promoting them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing, so glad to have found you through the coffee date list :)

    http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me forever but I finally made enough money in tips that I had enough for rent my first month AND to donate! I have officially backed them - so glad they made their goal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...