Saturday, August 11, 2012

Celebrating Love


Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:8











We only celebrate our anniversary once a year,
but I celebrate our love every day.
Yes, as corny as it sounds,
in some part of me, on some level,
I'm always appreciating all the things
that made me fall in love with you
in the first place.
I'm not aware I'm doing it,
but then you'll give me that look 
that only you can give,
or you'll laugh with me at something
no one else would ever "get"
and suddenly, once again,
I'm asking myself that question
I've asked myself since the day we met...
What did I do to deserve you?
And I like that I still ask myself
that question, because it reminds me
to not take you for granted.
It reminds me how fortunate I am
to share my thoughts and feelings
with someone as accepting
and perceptive as you.

It makes me realize, once again,
how extraordinarily blessed
to know that the one person
I can always count on,
the one who will always
have my back, is the one person
I love the most in this world.
I'm so fortunate to have you,
to have us to celebrate
every day of every year
and with every beat
of my heart.

I love you honey.

Happy 11th Anniversary.

Love,
Your Wife


Portraits by Jessica Velarde Photography

20 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love your tattoo and you are gorgeous I love all these photos. I can see the love you have for one another shine through. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your love with us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and so happy you found your soul mate. AMEN for celebrating love!! That pic of you tearing up?! I die. #sosososweet You all looked so glamorous! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!!!Just gorgeous!!Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are the sweetest. Congrats on 11 happy years - wishing you dozens more! Love the Bible verse, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these turned out amazing...congrats my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So precious. My favorite is the look on your face when he gives you the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. Especially that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. This post is such a great example of how we should love our spouses. In a society where everyone seems to husband bash this was so encouraging to see. Praise God he gave you a helpmate comparable to you, the perfect match that only HE could create.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are some beautiful pictures! absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL!! I LOOOVE that last photo of you!
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so beautiful. congratulations on such a beautiful partnership you two have

    ReplyDelete
  15. so precious! i LOVE how you show your love. it's amazing and such an affirmation of Christ's love to us!! you and your husband are adorable and you are so beautiful!! what a blessed relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! And a lovely letter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on a wonderful achievement! 11 years is amazing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. good posting about Celebrating Love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...