Monday, February 6, 2012

Blog Swapping today with A Lil Dash of Diva

I'm excited today to swap blogs with A Lil Dash of Diva! You can find me guest posting today on here blog here. Take it away Chrissy.


Hi! I'm Chrissy from A Lil Dash of Diva my little slice of the blogosphere where I share all my favorite things like beauty, recipes, books, stories about my family and just life in general. I'm so excited to be guest posting for Laura today! She is an amazing person and I am happy to fill in for her. When I started to think about what I wanted to share with you guys today I was at kind of a loss. I am always like this when I do guest posts! I have such a hard time coming up with ideas that I think people will be interested in. So I am gonna go with what I know, can't go wrong with that, right?! One of my biggest passions in life is photography.
I know, everyone says that, but really its true! Just something Laura and I have in common! I started out a few years ago when my daughter was about 3 years old and she just turned 7 last November. When I first got my DSLR I took pictures of anything and everything. I begged my friends and family to let me use them to practice on. I did families, kids, grown ups, maternity. The more comfortable I got with my camera I started doing boudoir and that is where my real passion lies.
I have found that I really don't LOVE working with newborns, or toddlers or even school aged kids (although they are a bit easier to work with than toddlers!). I have done one wedding and I know for certain that is not where I want any future business to be. Wedding photography is stressful, y'all!! It probably didn't help that it was the middle of summer in Phoenix and an outdoor wedding, but I was sweating buckets and so stressed that I was going to miss the most important shots. Thankfully, the couple were easy to work with and were happy with the photos I took. But, unless I have a huge change of heart, I will not do another wedding! lol
Now, maternity and boudoir...that is what I absolutely love! One of my first maternity shoots was with my sister in law and little brother. I ended up doing two shoots with her one was your typical maternity shoot and the second was a 'glam' maternity shoot.
One of the things I love about working with maternity and boudoir clients is that they pretty much do exactly what I ask them to do!
I am so glad that I have found my niche' in the photography business and that I absolutely LOVE what I do. To me, loving what you do is so important if you are going to be happy in the long run. Thanks again to Laura for letting me invade her blog today to share my passion!

Thanks Chrissy for guest posting today! I can't wait to follow your photography work. Make sure you check out her blog here and mentioned you were sent by Our Reflection!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...