Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello 2012 | Time for Change




I have all this built up excitement for 2012! I don't make New Year's resolutions, but for some reason this year is different. I guess its a like a fresh start or a beginning point for all the things I've been wanting to do... for others. I want to set goals and actually make them happen.

Now how am I going to start putting all the things I want to do in action? I guess I need to focus on one thing at a time. I've actually started working with a few local teens that have started a group called Spreading Random Acts of Kindness. You can find a link to their Facebook page by clicking here. Back in October we prepared and handed out over 50 bags full of everyday essentials to the homeless of Salinas. In December we hosted a live jazz and dessert night for a senior living home in Monterey. This was a GREAT start, but I want to do more. God has blessed us with so much, I just want to give back.

First goal: Do something at least once a month that will made an impact on someones life. Well January's here and I've got my thinking cap on. Have ideas? Want to be a part of making a difference? Email me at momsgonnasnap@gmail.com.
  • Has someone just had a baby or surgery and needs prepared meals brought to them?
  • Should we start in helping in a homeless or women's shelter?
  • What about the Special Olympics?
  • Visiting patients in the hospital, maybe just to pray with them?
  • I have a huge heart for animal. Helping out at the SPCA or humane society?
  • Maybe I start with what I do. Do I offer portrait sessions free of charge for those who couldn't afford it otherwise? You can check out my photography website by clicking here.
So many options, my mind is spinning.




I'm also starting to work with The Shine Project, Absolute Mommy and Laura Hernandez Photography on future volunteer events.



Lastly, one of my long term goals of 2012 to to visit our Compassion International sponsored son Jose, who lives in Mexico. Now that would be awesome! Click here to learn more about how you can sponsor a child.

Let's get together and make a difference this year.

Be the reflection!
Laura

1 comment:

  1. aw I love your blog and all the pictures on your other site, so good! love you! -Cassandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...