Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011

My 2012 goal was to start a family blog and look, I did it! Starting this year off on the right foot. But saying goodbye to 2011 is a tough one. SO many fantastic things happened. We, took lots of road tips, started a photography business and made new friends and memories that will last a lifetime. 

But tonight, December 31st may have been one of the toughest. We had to say goodbye (I like to think of it more of a "see you later") to our best friends. Having to stop and wipe tears every few words is going to make this a long night. Jess & Rene Velarde have played a vital roll in our lives this past year. They were not only our road-trip buddies on almost every trip but just the overall best friends we could confide in. Rene was offered a new position in Pennsylvania and they fly out tomorrow. Even though we are now separated by 3000 miles, I still feel as if they live right down the street. 

Here’s a little year in review:

Santa Barbara Trip:


Lake Tahoe Trip:

Mammoth Trip:

Northstar Trip:

Yosemite Trip:

Berry Creek Falls Group Mountain Bike Ride:

Rachel started drumming:

Charlie started ballet:

Surprised Jess & Rene with new bikes!

Charlie won 1st place in the Kiddy Kapers parade for best costume on wheels:

Started baking a lot of "Pinteresting" things...

Went to a Anberlin and Switchfoot Concert...

Finally got the tattoos we had been waiting 5 years for...


Celebrated "Lynsie Day" (which was awesome)

Was reunited with my grandmother after almost 15 years...


Started a new business Laura Hernandez Photography


Had our first professional family portraits taken by Jessica Velarde Photography


Watched three of our best friends start the band FORA.


WOW! When I actually took the time to recap 2011 it was more awesome than I remembered. Happy tears.

Happy New Year!
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the amazing world of blogging! (I saw you over on The Shine Project facebook page and thought I would come on over!)

    I have met some incredible women through blogging and have found it not just a way to document my life, but interact with them. I hope you find an amazing community here! Your family looks absolutely precious and I can't wait to start getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational. Picture #2 Handing food out to the homeless. Wonderful and humbling. Your family is truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.

    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about creating my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you

    my site ... online loan companies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...