Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Love is a Verb

What is a verb? 
A verb is an ACTION word.
LOVE is a verb.

Some think of it as a feeling or emotion, but love is actually something you do. It's a choice.

My husband and I have been married almost 11 years and we still get asked if we're newlyweds. It feels like it was only yesterday. When he walks into the room, my stomach still gets tingly. I feel that spark when he touches my hand. When people find out that we also work together, {in the exact same room}, spend nearly every second together of every day, they wonder how we do it. We wonder how someone couldn't. Why are we so different than the "norm"? 

God is the center of our marriage. We live by 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails..." 

Think of it this way....

Be patient. It's not easy with the world moving at light-speed, but don't rush life. 
Enjoy it. Especially all the little things that you miss when you're rushing though it.

Be kind. Not just some of the time, all the time. Live by the Golden Rule,
"treat others the way you want to be treated."

Don't be envious. Seriously. Change your outlook on life. 
Replace the "I wish I had..." to "I'm thankful for...".

Don't be boastful. Being proud and full of yourself is not attractive. 
Instead be modest, humble, and unassuming.

Records of wrongs. Life is not a game, so don't keep score. Be forgiving. 

Letting evil in, will destroy your relationship. Even a smigin. It can be an addition, dishonesty, or betrayal. Then celebrate and cheer about your dedication an loyalty.

Changing these things in your relationship, you'll have the marriage of your dreams!    
It worked for us. 
One other tidbit of advice, join a couples bible study.
Pray together.
What comes out during a couples prayer time, will change your life.

We're not just saying this, we're living it.

  

19 comments:

  1. AMEN to all of this! Love this post, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post :) My hubs and I just had our 1-year anniversary and we talked about how we hope we always feel this crazy in love with each other!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. L-O-V-E this post! You guys are amazing :-)

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..I've seriously had this up all day and keep re-reading it. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT post Laura!!! :) That's my favorite scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post!!! My parents taught us that Love is not a feeling, it's a choice. You choose to love someone. And when you choose to love someone you show it by your actions!

    LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great message!! and you two are so cute!! :) Love is a choice not a thing! love it and amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Gives me a lot of hope. I truly believe that love lasts forever if you work hard at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your post. Married couples really need to know this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi laura!
    read your post on kristina's page. beautiful! thank you so much for sharing.
    looking forward to following you. you have a beautiful family. <3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I love how you broke it down. You are both a very good example in this crazy world. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful & so inspiring!!! They husband isn't able to be with our kids and I right now, but this was just a reminder that even though we're apart there's so much I can do to be a good wife. Thanks so much for sharing:)
    -JA @ The Letter 4

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...