Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Do you know a Hero?

I love that feeling of getting a letter (now days an email) I've been waiting for, the anticipation of opening it to see if it holds the results I've been waiting for. Well my letter came in yesterday. I took a deep breath and scanned the page looking for the answer I hoped would be there.

I recently heard about an organization called Inspiration Through Art (formerly The Little Hero's project). They are a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering young people to give back, and make a difference through the beauty of art.

Inspiration Through Art was founded in January 2008 and is made up of professional photographers, artists, children, and other volunteers nationwide that provide free programs and services to our nations heroes. Through the power of photography and the gift of art they are giving back and taking a stand for these children who sometimes feel forgotten because of their illnesses. They are here to let them know that they are heroes to many.

The mission is to help provide and capture memories for families who are dealing with hectic schedules due to having a child who is suffering from a serious illness or life altering disability. They are here to offer emotional support through the beauty and expression art has to offer, as a way of healing and coping. They understand that in the midst of being thrown a diagnosis and having to switch from a “normal” life to a life that is totally different, and often scary, things like getting photos taken is sometimes a huge challenge and is one of the last things families are thinking about. But when everything is done, and either the child has reached the end of their battle, or has proven the odds against it many wish they had more time to stop, and capture the journey that they lived through for so long. Through Inspiration Through Art, photographers and volunteers understand each and every case, and cater it to fit and honor each child and family. The photographers are on hand to travel to homes, hospitals, clinics, fundraisers, and benefits to help capture your child’s journey in a “Day in the life” sort of style and work personally one on one with your child and entire family to get those special family photos and moments that you can cherish for years to come. The special Hoping Hearts package program is setup for children who are currently in treatment or in the recovery stage of their journey.

This is what my letter was about. I had applied to be one of the volunteer photographers to capture the lives of these children and have been accepted. I want to give back and kept praying for God to open the avenue He wanted me to take. I had no idea this type of organization even existed and God placed it in my lap. I'm nervous, excited and overjoyed to be a part of this. 
If you have a child, or know a child, who suffers from any type of serious illness or life altering disability we are here to help. With Inspiration Through Art I'm here to provides our special heroes with complimentary photo shoot. To apply click here.

For more information you can can contact them directly. You have to start here to obtain their services.

Like them on Facebook by clicking here.

If you are a photographer who would like to join this origination, read more about it here. This is a great way to give back.


What you do from here?
This is a question they get asked ALL the time. The answer is: SPREAD the inspiration! To get my first session my clients, friends, family, and community NEED to know about Inspiration Through Art! My heroes will most likely be children in my own neighborhood! Applications have just opened again for Spring 2012!

Help spread the word!
Blessings,
Laura





2 comments:

  1. What awesome way to be available to help others and share love. Some lucky person is going to benefit from your generosity. I find it fascinating how we set out to bless others and miraculously we're blessed in return. I hope and pray you are blessed through this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome :) what a way to use your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...